At Banksia Park Puppies we’ve just bought a new car and we did alot of research. We looked at the star ratings and the ANCAP ratings. We thought about where the airbags are positioned, and where you can fit the car seats. But which car would be best suited for those who love to take their dogs on outings? Before now there has been no help; rejoice dog owners as this is no longer true. Autotrader in the US has looked at the most desired features in a car that a dog owner would like, and has used this to narrow down the top 7 cars with these features.
The features that Autotrader states “make your vehicle choice a more pet-friendly one” are shown below.
- “A rear lift gate allows your dog to jump in and out of the car easily; it also makes for more convenient loading in/loading out of pet carriers, crates and kennels.
- Fold-flat seats create a spacious area for your dog to sit while keeping the actual surface of the seats clean from hair or scratches.
- An airy cabin is especially beneficial for large dogs to stretch out.
- Rear cargo-attachment ringlets help keep carriers and crates from sliding around.
- A containment barrier/divider keeps your dog from jumping up to the front seat while the car is in motion.
- A low ride height helps dogs — especially older ones — get in and out with ease.
- Rear climate control keeps your dog cool and comfortable in transit no matter what the weather is like.
- A sunroof brings fresh air and sunlight so you can keep your dog from hanging its head out of the window.
- Underfloor storage gets your things out of the way so your dog can ride more comfortably.”
Considering these 9 features, the seven cars that Autotrader recommends are:
- Subaru Outback
- Nissan Juke
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- BMW X3
- Volvo V60
- Kia Soul
- Honda Odyssey