Protect yourself and stay informed…
With the festive and holiday season coming up families like to make the most of the wonderful weather and time-off work and make the commitment to purchase a puppy.
However, there are a few ‘sellers’ who put a dampener on future puppy owners’ hopes by partaking in Puppy Scams!
In both 2016 and 2015 emails and newspaper ads have been placed particularly around this time of year claiming to be selling our Banksia Park Puppies. Unknowing customers transfer money to the bogus ‘seller’ thinking they’re getting a good deal, but when they dont recieve their puppy they soon realise they have been scammed.
To ensure you are guaranteed in getting a Banksia Park puppy, visit our store in Doncaster East or our website. Our website www.banksiaparkpuppies.com.au only advertises our puppies and contains the necessary information and puppy details you need to ensure you are buying ethically and that a real puppy exists!
We do not want the public to be scammed, or to be unknowingly supporting unethical breeding. Make sure that you do your research!
The following points will help ensure that you are not scammed and that you are supporting ethical breeding:
- MICROCHIP – Ask for the microchip number of the puppy. Anyone who is scamming you will not have a microchip number to provide. In Victoria, you need to microchip all puppies before sale, and all of our puppies are microchipped. (if you are provided with a ‘microchip’ number that you are not sure about, email us the number and we can double check it on our database.)
- PRICE – We take fantastic care of our Mums and Dads: we have a professional groomer on site, weekly visits from a Veterinarian, and 30 staff members employed including staff just for socialising the puppies and parents. When you go to our retail pick up point we have staff experienced in helping you pick the right dog for you and you may spend hours with them talking you through how to care for your puppy. We put a lot of time and effort into making sure that the puppy you pick is right for you, and when it gets home, you can help it fit into your family and your lifestyle. If you find someone is selling you something and the price seems too good to be true – it probably is – either there is no puppy, or it is being bred unethically.
- TOURS – Make sure that you can tour the place that the puppy came from and see the entire property – at Banksia Park Puppies we offer full tours of our 220 acre property if any potential buyer wishes to see our park.
- SEE THE PROPERTY – Some breeders will meet you in a ‘meeting area’ with Mum and Dad. Make sure you see where they live too, if you don’t see their live-in areas, you don’t know the conditions that the parent dogs are living in.
For more tips on buying ethically see our website.
- If you want to be guaranteed that you are getting a Banksia Park Puppy, only buy from Pines Puppies.
- If you are in doubt and someone is telling you something different – contact us! We will help you with the best way forward, and in the right circumstances will report them to the relevant authorities.
- Do your research and ask questions, not only will this stop you from being scammed, it will mean you are supporting only ethical breeders.
- The rule of thumb with scams – if it seems too good to be true it probably is.