Don’t be fooled by this scam
We have recently been told about another scam to fool the public into thinking that they are buying a Banksia Park Puppy. This is an announcement so that you do not fall prey to these scams!
The Trading Post has contacted us to let us know that there have been attempts to use our photos and our puppies in advertisements online. We do not advertise in the trading post/gumtree/other anonymous online outlets. We are not sure how many times this scam has happened or if anyone has fallen prey to it as yet. There have been times in the past where Banksia Park Puppies scams have fooled customers into paying $600 or even more, and after transferring money they never receive a puppy. Do not be fooled by these scams.
If you want to be guaranteed that you are getting a Banksia Park Puppy you need to purchase your puppy from us. This is the only place where you can be guaranteed to get a Banksia Park Puppy – every single puppy from us or our puppy consultants in Doncaster comes from Banksia Park.
We do not want the public to be scammed, or to be unknowingly supporting unethical breeding practices by thinking they are buying a Banksia Park Puppy when in fact they are not. Make sure that you do your research! The following points will help ensure that you are not scammed and that you are supporting ethical breeding:
- Ask for the micro-chip number of the puppy. Anyone who is scamming you will not have a microchip number to provide. In Victoria you need to microchip all puppies before sale, and all of our puppies are microchipped.
- We take fantastic care of our mums and dads: we have a professional groomer on site, weekly visits from a Veterinarian, and 15-20 full time staff including staff just for socialising the puppies and mums and dads. Our puppy consultants are experienced in helping you pick the right dog for you, and you may spend hours with them talking you through how to care for your puppy. We put alot of time and effort into making sure that the puppy you pick is right for you, and when it gets home, you can help it fit into your family and your lifestyle. If you find someone is selling you something and the price seems too good to be true – it probably is – either there is no puppy, or it is being bred unethically.
- Make sure that you can tour the place that the puppy came from and see the entire property – at Banksia Park Puppies we offer full tours of our 220 acre property if any potential buyer wishes to see our park.
- See mum and dad in their environment. Some breeders will meet you in a ‘meeting area’ with mum and dad. Make sure you see where they live too, if you don’t see their live-in areas, you don’t know the conditions that mum and dad are living in.
For more tips on buying ethically see our website.
- If you want to be guaranteed that you are getting a Banksia Park Puppy, only buy from us.
- If you are in doubt and someone is telling you something different – contact us! We will help you with the best way forward, and in the right circumstances will report them to the relevant authorities.
- Get the microchip number of the puppy if you are concerned this is a scam. Contact us and we will give you more information on that puppy and where it is right now.
- Do your research and ask questions, not only will this stop you from being scammed, it will mean you are supporting only ethical breeders.
The rule of thumb with scams – if it seems too good to be true it probably is.